Customer Care Associate
We are looking for someone to help us transform school mental health, save lives by preventing suicide and create fun and nurturing digital spaces to meet youth right where they are in their mental health journeys. The perfect candidate for this role will be someone who deeply cares about the people they serve, can creatively solve problems, and wants to make their customers' lives easy and delightful.
At Closegap, we value customer care over all else. We want to make sure our educators, students, and schools feel nurtured and loved both through the product we build and the ways we engage with them as they implement the tool. As an early team member of our small but growing core team, you will have a major impact on shaping our customer care practices, strategy, product, and culture. You will help schools and districts implement our emotional wellness platform and bring unprecedented mental health technology to public schools across the United States. You will play a key role in helping us scale our school onboarding processes and mature as an education technology company. This is an awesome opportunity for someone interested in growing a life-changing product from its early days to massive impact.
This will be a part-time remote position to start with a clear track to a full-time role if all goes well.
- Are empathetic, sensitive to the needs of others, and motivated by supporting others
- Have open communication skills. You ask questions, assume good intent, and default to transparency
- Can work autonomously and are willing to learn new tools and approaches to solve complex problems
- Have pride in owning projects, can meet deadlines, and are comfortable managing multiple projects at once
- Are a self-starter who’s comfortable with a fast-paced startup environment
- Desire to work as a member of an inclusive, cross-functional team and are motivated to foster a diverse and inclusive culture
- Are excited about the opportunity to have an outsized influence on the trajectory of the company
- Answer customer support emails and help schools implement our platform
- Approve school registration requests
- Organize and manage student data privacy agreements
- Moderate and answer questions on our private Facebook group for educators
- Work in the database to update and organize school information
- Create a Help Center and improve the entire school onboarding process
- Create product tutorial videos
- Record and organize feedback from users and communicate it to the product team
- Report bugs to the team and schedule product demos
- Send out product update emails to our users
- Collaborate with the team to coordinate and host webinars
- 2+ years of experience in a customer support role within a startup environment
- Experience with Notion, Adminium, and Metabase is a plus
- Experience and/or comfortability with making video tutorials and presenting in customer-facing webinars
- Experience in edtech is a plus. We’d like to find someone with experience helping schools and districts implement technology products.
- Legal ability to work in the US or based in the US
- Work from home!
- Fun, creative, and fast-paced working environment
- The ability to own your work and make significant contributions to the mental health of students across the US
- Tons of opportunities for advancement
- We believe in work/life balance. We want you to kick butt at work but also enjoy the rest of your life!