Senior Associate, Outreach & Communications
At Civis we have developed a platform that enables citizens engagement, in our democracies, by creating a channel for constructive dialogue between citizens and the Government on draft laws and policies.
Through Civis, individuals in India can understand an upcoming law or policy and share their feedback on this law, this feedback goes straight to law makers. This crucial step of consultation allows for participatory design of policies, increased trust and dialogue.
At Civis we work across two verticals:
- On national level policies, through our website www.civis.vote.
- At the grassroots with urban local bodies, and non-profit partners.
Senior Associate, Outreach & Communications | Responsibilities:
- Build and execute high impact campaigns to motivate citizens to share their feedback on draft laws.
- Work to create strategic plans for communications and outreach on specific consultations or thematic areas and on the public consultation process as a whole on existing or new channels.
- Write proposals for communications-specific fundraising initiatives, this includes drawing up budgets, finding partners and donor communication.
- Recruiting and managing the Consultatio Fellow and communications teammates.
- Build a PR strategy and media partnerships. Develop strategies for high impact, sustaining partnerships across print/online media and radio.
- Working with teammates to design and execute social media calendars on a weekly basis.
- Manage the Civisen community through online collaborations, events, merchandise and quarterly updates
- Create video content on thematic areas that include consultation videos, PLCP explainers and event snippets.
- Manage Civis’ medium page and edit content from the team.
- Engage with Civisens over email by creating & rolling out effective email marketing campaigns.
- Build Civis’ on-ground presence through partner outreach/radio campaigns etc.
- Ensure the roll-out frequent communication like newsletters, social media posts, videos, program updates, campaign reports and blog posts.
- Monitor social media metrics on a periodic basis
- Monitor campaign performance for specific campaigns
- Monitor Civis’ email performance
- Discover and present new marketing insights by analysing qualitative and quantitative data.
- 5+ years of marketing/communications or outreach experience.
- A degree in law, or an advanced degree in public policy.
- Proven skills managing and leading time-bound campaigns.
- Ability to coach and support a team.
- Experience working with social media management tools like Hootsuite, Later, etc.
- Experience with running social media campaigns (organic and paid). Experience with CRM and newsletter software like Mailchimp.
- Experience with video editing and production, using tools like Filamora etc.
- Open Minded; prior experience in the non-profit and Governance sector is not a prerequisite, but you must be open minded to learn about these sectors.
- Empathetic; you understand what our community needs and issues that your teammates face.
- Execution-oriented; you’re highly organised; you’re comfortable managing many work streams; you know how to make the right trade-offs.
- Solution-oriented; you’re able to think of out-of-the-box solutions that work with limited resources.
- Collaborative; you work well with all kinds of people and teams; you’re open to learning from partners and peers.
- Communication; proven strong oral and written communication skills and expertise in customising content for multiple formats.
- Data-driven; you have a good understanding of tracking leads and setting up campaigns to assist leads/customers through the conversion funnel. You have hands-on experience in using marketing automation tools.
- You’re passionate about citizen’s engagement and have volunteered, founded or worked for a citizen engagement or campaigning platform.
- You’ve worked in an entrepreneurial environment which needed you to think on your feet and take decisions independently.
Apply at (on or before February 10, 2024): https://forms.gle/DKE6kR1L6zPej2A2A
Location: Mumbai, India (Hybrid) | Full-Time | Remuneration Range: 9 lakh per annum to 10.8 lakh per annum, with additional employee benefits.