Policy Communications Associate
We Are Hiring: Associate, Outreach and Communications
Civis is looking for an Outreach and Communications Associate to join our team to assist in building and executing high-impact campaigns for Civis and for a joint campaign between Civis and Godrej, namely #ChooMacchar. Work distribution for communications tasks will be split equally between the Civis Communications team and the #ChooMacchar campaign.
The candidate would be required to:
- Ideate and design new methods to communicate technical policy documents to non-technical audiences across India.
- Design and roll out frequent communication like newsletters, social media posts, videos, program updates and campaign reports under the supervision of the Outreach and Communications Senior Associate.
- Design messaging and graphics for campaigns, including compelling proposals and other collaterals that increase Civis’ brand value.
- Assist in capturing video footage of campaigns, conducting interviews, video editing, audio editing
- Assist product team in building and managing micro-sites for campaigns, including managing our growing community to deliver a meaningful experience to our community members.
- Draft press releases and other media communications for events and campaigns, along with building and maintaining a media database and other influencers.
- Assist Outreach and Communications team in developing strategies for high-impact, sustaining partnerships across print/online media and radio.
- Assist in reviewing new marketing insights by analysing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Assisting the Outreach and Governance teams in event coordination and management.
- A graduate in Law, Public Policy, Communications, Mass Media, Public Relations, or any other relevant field.
- 2+ years of marketing or communications experience, preferably in a non-profit setting.
- Proven skills in managing and leading time-bound campaigns.
- Must have knowledge and experience with software used for social media design and management, like Canva, Later, Wix, etc.
- Must have video editing skills, preferably using applications like WonderShare Filmora, Adobe Premiere Pro. etc.
- Must have experience in using CRM software like MailChimp, Stripo.
- Must have knowledge in using software for admin and office management like GSuite, Dropbox, Trello, etc.
- Open Minded; prior experience in the non-profit and Governance sector is not a prerequisite, but you must be open minded to learn about these sectors. You must also have experience in the development of creative concepts.
- Empathetic; you understand what our community needs and issues that your teammates face.
- Execution-oriented; you’re highly organised; you’re comfortable managing many work streams; you know how to make the right trade-offs.
- Solution-oriented; you’re able to think of out-of-the-box solutions that work with limited resources.
- Collaborative; you work well with all kinds of people and teams; you’re open to learning from partners and peers.
- Communication; proven strong oral and written communication skills and expertise in customising content for multiple formats.
- You’re passionate about citizen engagement and have volunteered, founded or worked for a citizen engagement or campaigning platform.
- You’ve worked in an entrepreneurial environment which needed you to think on your feet and take decisions independently.
- A background in journalism is a bonus.
Deadline to apply: 24th September 2023. However, interviews will commence immediately and on a rolling basis. Early applications are advised.
Location: Mumbai, India | Full-Time, with two days per week remote work | Remuneration Range: Rs. 5.4 lakh to Rs. 6 lakh per annum, with additional employee benefits.
Link to Apply: https://forms.gle/nrsBTPhha7RHUWbx9