Product Owner (Digital products)
A big hello from the team at Compuco!
At Compuco we empower socially responsible organisations with the digital tools they need to build a better world.
We work with charities across their digital stack helping them to rebuild their processes using flexible open source tools. We help organisations reimagine the way they work so they can focus on impact.
We are seeking a talented and ambitious Technical Product Owner with a background or experience working with the Drupal CMS platform to join the Compuco team on a 12-month contract, covering maternity leave and with the potential for extension. You will report to the Head of Product leading one or more development squads.
You will work closely with our client project managers to ideate solutions to meet client needs before managing the full development lifecycle spanning specification, configuration and the management of development tasks. It’s a broad remit so expect each day to be a little bit different!
Our client projects often (but not always) run in a waterfall process, whereas internally for the product development we adopt agile methodologies so an understanding of both processes would be desirable.
We’re a very process-driven team who always seek to do things “the right way” to create robust products, and we’re looking for people who can both contribute to ensuring those processes are followed but also help us to develop and refine new processes to ensure that we continue to deliver the highest quality product and service to our clients and to the sector as a whole.
In short, we’re a team of self-confessed geeks who love tinkering and tweaking until something is just right, and we're looking for someone with the same "can do" attitude to join our growing team.
As a distributed company with an HQ in London and team members from all around the world, one of the things that makes working at Compuco special is the chance to meet and learn from people from an amazing array of nationalities and cultures. We’re extremely proud of the way we work and the open culture we have developed.
- Prepare specification documents for build and configuration, especially in the context of Drupal CMS
- Support with configuring sites based on the specifications
- On occasion clarify requirements directly with clients
- Converting specifications into highly organised development tickets
- Provide an active role in mitigating any issues that might impact the successful team completion of release/sprint goals
- Plan, organise and prioritise projects and tasks within the team, ensuring that deadlines are met, and resources are allocated effectively
- Manage the team's budget, including tracking and optimising hours spent
- Facilitate effective communication and collaboration both within the team as well as with other Compuco teams and stakeholders
- Understand the overall business objectives and align the team roadmap with those goals
- Assist and in due course manage client discovery workshops to understand client needs
- You love the challenge of making complex things simple
- You look to learn at every opportunity
- You search for and propose improvements at all levels as part of your work
- You can convey complex concepts clearly to other team members
- You’re someone who likes to implement processes and ensure they are followed
- You seek to learn from others as well as share your knowledge and experience
- You are detail-oriented but can see the wood for the trees
- Can do / make it happen attitude
- You enjoy working in small, medium-sized teams
- And most of all you are a team player who likes to collaborate with your squad of engineers to create great solutions
- 3+ years of experience working as either a senior or lead developer or a product owner in a digital development team
- Technical expertise in Drupal CMS
- Familiarity with project management tools and technologies such as Jira and Confluence
- Previous experience working in a digital agency is a plus
- A compulsive list maker, organiser and executer
- Quick grasp of new concepts and a passion for tackling technical challenges
Location: Hybrid working (office based in Shoreditch, London) or Fully Remote
Type: 12-Month Contract (Maternity Cover), with Potential for Extension
Salary Range: £30k - £42k
Our mission is to empower socially responsible organisations with the digital tools they need to build a better world. We work with charities across the digital stack helping them to rebuild their processes using flexible open source tools. We help organisations streamline and reimagine the way they work so that they can focus on impact.
We’re a distributed team, with staff in over 15 countries and a head office in London. We offer flexible hours and a real “team” mentality, working together to make things better.
Uniquely, we base all of our solutions on open source products, helping our work to have the greatest possible impact. In particular, we do a lot of our work on the Drupal CMS platform and a not-for-profit focussed CRM platform called CiviCRM. Our clients include charities such as Amnesty International, Farm Africa and Wikimedia, as well as educational membership associations and government bodies.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship or disability.
We have a broad range of benefits including:
- Paid annual leave
- Birthday off
- Volunteering time off
- Wellness day
- Medical insurance allowance
- Paid leave for personal development and learning
- Remote working