Senior Quality Engineer
Center for Open Science
Posted on Saturday, September 2, 2023
At the Center for Open Science (COS), we build the tools to make it possible and easy for the research community to make scientific investigations' data, results, and outcomes open, transparent, and reproducible. Our team is dedicated to improving the alignment between scientific values and scientific practices to improve the accumulation and application of knowledge. Operating with a technology start-up mindset, the COS team moves quickly, identifies problems and creates solutions, encourages risk-taking, blends science and technology, and is collaborative, high energy, and dedicated to openness.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Quality Engineer to advance our mission of increasing the openness, integrity, and reproducibility of scientific research. The Senior Quality Engineer is responsible for the creation of tests to identify issues with software before release. This role will take ownership for creating and maintaining automated tests, consulting with teams on test plan creation, and contributing to integration and acceptance testing efforts.
Description of responsibilities: Quality Assurance Testing
- Work with project teams, gather requirements and specifications, form detailed and repeatable test plans and provide accurate estimations
- Develop and ensure adoption of standards and procedures to determine product quality and release readiness throughout SDLC
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, coordinate and perform testing activities within Sprint and release schedules
- Identify and document any improvements and bugs with reproducible steps Communicate bugs effectively and urgently to the project or engineering team with clear documentation
- Maintain communication and follow up to support fixes in development for release
- Recommend improvements to the product to enhance user experience and performance and collaborate with supervisor to establish QA program go-forward strategy and execution path
Description of responsibilities: Automated and Regression Testing
- Design, develop, execute and maintain automated test scripts and automated test suite
- Incorporate automated and manual testing methods for full coverage regression testing
- Execute automated and regression testing in accordance with release schedules and best practices
- Strong experience in software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in manual and automated testing of APIs and Web applications
- Experience maintaining and building automation test scripts
- Experience with performance testing tools, accessibility testing, Django Rest framework and Selenium Webdriver with Python is a plus
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong and effective communicator with good oral and written communication skills
- Great team player and able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Effective working knowledge of Selenium WebDriver or experience with other automation script testing tools
Required experience and/or degree:
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject, or 3+ years additional professional experience
This is a fully remote position. Occasional travel is possible for this position, including up to twice per year for organizational meetings, with the potential for other in person events.
COS supports flexibility in work scheduling. Individuals who would like to work outside a 9am - 5pm Eastern Time (ET) schedule must work with their managers to establish core hours of availability. Modifications for different time zones will be considered for team collaboration.
Please apply by submitting a resume. Questions about the position and COS are welcome and can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For information on the Center for Open Science, including more information on employee benefits and our company culture, visit our website at https://www.cos.io/careers.
Please note, in order to be considered for this position you must be authorized to work in the United States and have a U.S. address and bank account. Remote workers must be located within the U.S.
COS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also strongly encourage applications from members of groups underrepresented in science and technology industries.