Vision: Our vision is a care economy that strengthens our communities by respecting and supporting workers, families and people who need care.
Mission: We build online tools to bring good jobs to care workers, so care workers can provide the best possible care for those who need it.
Carina provides a safe, easy-to-use, care matching service for families and individuals who are in need of home care and nearby child care and connects care professionals with good jobs and more stable income, close to home. In partnership with labor unions, government agencies, and community partners, we bring good jobs, with union wages and benefits, for care providers, so they can focus on their passion – caring for others
Unlike for-profit matching services, Carina is a technology not-for-profit committed to prioritizing people first and strengthening communities. We believe communities are stronger when people, regardless of income, can easily and safely access quality care nearby and care providers receive good wages, benefits and access to steady work.
The team at Carina reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We draw upon our experience in technology, labor organizing, care services, human-centered design, marketing and business strategy to build our service. Compassion, kindness, and a tenacious focus on solving our users’ problems are the driving forces of our work.
Our small-ish (14 total) team is proud of our hyper-functional work culture, flat organization, Agile-based product development process, sustainable pace of work, and our laser-like focus on our mission. You’re gonna like us.
*Position Summary *
Reporting to the Director, Marketing and Operations, the Manager, Marketing will help lead the strategic communications and marketing plan for external audiences. They will lead the team as well as work independently to guide the development of campaigns and tools to fuel growth across Carina’s markets. We are looking for a smart, creative, experienced leader with a track record of leading teams in building and implementing multi-channel, integrated marketing campaigns with a heavy emphasis on digital communications. They need to be able to manage projects independently and have the ability to both contribute on an individual level as well as manage the work of vendors and other staff as needed. They should have the skills to contribute both strategically and tactically to the department’s growth.
• Utilize marketing and communications strategies and best practices to achieve campaign goals, including developing, implementing, monitoring, and reporting multi-channel, targeted, integrated campaigns
• Establish and improve workflow processes and tools management by helping prioritize projects, managing workflows, assigning resources, and evolving best practices
• Maintain content calendar and content strategy across multiple markets and segments
• Lead the strategy, resource allocation, and implementation across channels including SEO, paid ads, social, content, outreach, and referrals.
• Allocate resources and invest in growth across channels including creating projections to support investment decisions
• Ensure data tracking and analysis is implemented, monitored and reported
• Maintain marketing dashboard to measure and analyze impact of programs; conduct analysis of marketing strategies and A/B testing outcomes
• Lead the strategy and implementation of digital channels
• Supervise small and might marketing team of 2-4 people
• Perform other duties as assigned
• At least 5-7 years of experience in communications or marketing with deep experience in 2-3 of the following channels: email, SMS, SEO, paid ads, content creation (blog), and social media
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or equivalent experience.
• 2-5 years of experience in building, mentoring and coaching a high-performing team.
• Demonstrable skill and experience in writing, editing, digital analytics and audience segmentation
• Demonstrable experience in growth marketing across Top of the Funnel and Middle of the Funnel marketing including acquisition growth and conversion efficiency.
• High level of experience in content strategy, with familiarity with blog design and implementation and social media.
• Strong strategic communication abilities and collaboration skills
• Experience successfully managing concurrent projects with multiple customers and stakeholders
• A strong track record of customer service orientation and drive, with a track record of creative problem solving and team building
• Flexibility and a good sense of humor
• Highly proficient in the following programs:
• Hubspot or equivalent marketing automation software (Marketing Cloud, Marketo, Pardot, etc.)
• Social media management platforms (Hootsuite, etc)
• Google Analytics
Along with your resume, please submit a paragraph outlining what you have done in the past to help grow an organization or a company. This can be added to the top or bottom of your resume if it is easier to keep everything in one document.
Carina is an equal opportunity employer and offers an exceptional compensation and benefits package.