Senior Manager, Strategic Partnerships (Healthcare)
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2023
Work with Us to Promote Health Equity!
CareMessage is a mission-driven company that builds technology and solutions especially for safety-net healthcare organizations. With a core focus on health centers and free clinics, the CareMessage platform allows providers to communicate with patients at scale, prompting patients to action via technology products that are designed to create more equitable health outcomes. We enable organizations to use mobile messaging to fill gaps in care, provide education, remind patients of upcoming appointments, automate follow up for open referrals, and provide one-to-one communication.
Nationally, CareMessage is proud to work with over 400 customers in 43 states, comprising over 200 FQHCs, free and charitable clinics, and health plans and systems. Using CareMessage, safety-net organizations have reached over 10 million underserved patients with over 300 million text messages since 2013.
Founded in 2012 at Stanford University, CareMessage has raised over $35 million from Google.org, William K. Bowes Jr. Foundation, Pershing Square Foundation, Y Combinator, Schmidt Futures, Twilio.org, Direct Relief, Biogen, and many more.
CareMessage is looking for a Senior Manager, Strategic Partnerships to successfully take on the following responsibilities:
Direct Revenue-Generating Related Responsibilities
- Act as the sales lead to execute and grow a profitable and scalable partnership program.
- Be the main point of contact for all prospective and current revenue-generating partners.
- Develop a strategic approach to renew and grow existing key partnerships
- Develop a strategy to grow new partnerships with a focus on PCA/HCCN partnerships, referral partnerships, white label/API integrations and reseller arrangements.
- Increase the number of referrals, customers and patients served from each partnership.
- Establish partner profiles, document types of customers/referrals we are driving from these channels, and initiate market research on those that would be of greatest value to CareMessage.
- Gather data and create benchmarks of our existing partner relationships; monitor on an ongoing basis.
- Provides Sales staff with leads from partners and provides insight and partner agreements, when necessary
- Drive six figures in ARR per quarter of revenue generated from deals directly tied to partner relationships once out of your onboarding period.
Communication and Cross-departmental Collaboration Responsibilities
- Help to expand CareMessage communications reach to partnership targets.
- Partner with Marketing on strategy and plan for PCA/HCCN communications; create content for internal and external communication on partnerships.
- Be a subject matter expert on the FQHC and tribal health markets and the surrounding ecosystem of technologies in order to be able to identify challenges that CareMessage can solve in order to articulate our value and identify needs for partnership.
- Work with the marketing team to create event/conference strategy.
- Weigh in on priorities for attendance, conference-specific goals, and communication points.
- Attend conferences with the goal of growing partner relationships.
- Coordinate and execute on presentations to partner members.
- Work with marketing to suggest content for ongoing partner communications that will illustrate value to partner members
- Determine strategy for leveraging CareMessage data in communications with partners
- Train partners where necessary on product functionality, value proposition and our roadmap.
- Grow relationships within partner organizations while driving consensus in order to move projects forward.
- Work cross departmentally within CareMessage to advance work related to partnership goals.
- Document and enforce sales processes associated with channel and/or partnership sales.
- Tie partner product roadmap (where applicable) to our internal product roadmap and strategies, and propose mutually beneficial partnership activities/integrations.
- Drive internal prioritization of partner needs and direct execution, taking recommendations to appropriate CareMessage executives for approval.
- Works with Marketing to relay customer/partner feedback and refine product sales materials/create partnerships-specific materials and campaigns.
- Works closely with Product to get approval on any deals that would require API integration and to relay product feedback from partners.
- Collaborate with Customer Success to uncover success stories for partner members and gain understand of how partner members are deriving value from the CareMessage platform
- Regularly reports potential non-traditional partners to Executive Leadership to receive guidance and approval.
- 7 - 10 years sales or business development experience, including 3+ years in strategic partnerships with demonstrable contacts at the C-level (preferably in healthcare but not required).
- 2+ years of experience with technology platform sales with an understanding of healthcare IT and solutions, and cloud adoption.
- Experience initiating conversations with, selling to and managing relationships with HCCNs, payors and/or healthcare IT solution providers.
- Experience working with multiple data sets and directives with the ability to prioritize activities and identify the route to the highest ROI.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to author original text including business plans, RFP responses, executive level emails and channel/partner sales training materials in collaboration with Marketing.
- Proven ability to present analysis and results to senior management.
- Demonstrable ability to maintain a high level of organization and mastery of details with a systematic approach.
- Experience owning projects in a dynamic, changing environment (startup preferred).
- A passion for solving healthcare issues and helping those from low socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability to independently identify problems, create a solution plan, and execute; anticipates barriers for their own work and the work of others, identifying all the data sources to consider before making a decision.
- Persistent in the face of roadblocks; removes them efficiently, pulling in others as necessary.Demonstrable prior success working in a fully remote or hybrid environment with minimal daily supervision.
- We take diversity seriously, so if you are a diverse candidate but don’t have some of the requirements, we strongly encourage you to still apply.
Come help us improve the health outcomes of those from low socioeconomic backgrounds!
Working at CareMessage
Empathy and trust are ingrained in the culture at CareMessage —this workplace is a tight-knit community, where people are mission-driven and feel a sense of belonging in working towards common goals.
Our benefits offering is purposely built to engender trust, to enable wellbeing, and to allow us to focus on the things that matter most.
We believe in equal work for equal pay: all team members performing the same role at the same level are paid similarly, regardless of where they are in the world
Flexible work hours; fully remote team
Half-day Fridays & 15 days of PTO
19 paid company holidays, including a one week mid-year and one week end-of-year break
Paid parental leave for biological and adopted children
Generous medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
401k retirement plan
Short & long-term disability insurance
$100 per employee yearly wellness budget, with flexibility to spend on physical, emotional, and mental wellness resources
PerkSpot: Instant access to discounts on products & services from hundreds of vendors
Annual budget for professional and personal development (webinars, online courses, books, and more)
Volunteerism incorporated in onboarding and encouraged on an ongoing basis
9 wellness days to be used for self-care- or anything that comes up in life
1-month (20 working days) paid sabbatical after the 4-year anniversary, and every 4 years thereafter