AI Marketing Manager
Wish you were marketing AI services, and doing good for the world at the same time? Read on!
The award-winning global tech nonprofit CareerVillage.org is at a really important and exciting moment: we’re growing rapidly, expanding our service offering into generative AI, and we’re looking to grow our team with a new Marketing Lead. If you are mission-driven, committed to expanding access to transformational social justice technology, and have lived experience that helps you understand the challenges our learners face, keep reading!
As Marketing Lead at CareerVillage.org, you’ll support our mission of democratizing access to career information and advice for millions of underrepresented learners. You’ll primarily contribute to the successful launch of our new product, the AI Career Coach (read about it in Fast Company and Forbes), but also will contribute to other inspirational products and services we offer. You will develop and execute strategies to build market interest, raise brand visibility, and help unlock game-changing growth by leading revenue-building campaigns..
What you'll do
- Develop our go-to-market strategy and execute campaigns across the customer journey to drive awareness, adoption, and usage
- Lead promotional activities like sponsorships, press coverage, and digital advertising.
- Establish and monitor metrics for campaign success and monitor ROI to assess the impact of initiatives
- Work collaboratively with other CareerVillage functions for seamless coordination, especially with the business development and product teams.
- Analyze the burgeoning market of AI-powered edtech tools, track trends, and monitor competitors in the space.
- Prior experience in the education technology (edtech) space
- Prior experience in launching a new product(s) and/or product marketing.
- Experience in running campaigns that have driven millions of dollars in revenue.
- Skills in networking and relationship-building to create opportunities for collaboration and cross-promotion with strategic partners within the edtech ecosystem
- Skills in gathering and interpreting customer insights and feedback to inform marketing strategies and product development.
- Experience in content marketing, with the ability to craft compelling stories that resonate with the target audiences and know how to effectively use different content formats (blogs, videos, infographics, etc.) across various channels.
- Familiarity in digital marketing, including SEO, SEM, and email marketing strategies.
- Proficiency in managing large marketing budgets, allocating resources efficiently, and optimizing spend for maximum ROI.
- NICE TO HAVES:
- A good grasp of AI and its applications in edtech, to credibly and accurately market the product.
- We aim to have a global reach in the future, thus understanding international markets and how to tailor strategies to different cultural and regulatory environments is beneficial.
We know that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role. The ideal candidate will have many of the following:
- You are excited about our mission to democratize access to career information and advice!
- You have direct or lived experience that helps you understand the challenges faced by our students
- You have experience working in the education field, preferably in edtech
- You have advanced skills with marketing tools
- You have a demonstrated ability to analyze marketing data and metrics to make informed decisions that increase performance
- You have deployed new products and marketing programs and know how to market to different target markets
What we offer
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
- A fantastic and supportive organizational culture
- Starting salary of $80,000-100,000
- Healthcare and dental benefits
- 401K matching
- $1,500 Professional Development budget
- Very generous vacation policy
We are a remote-first organization and can hire for this role from the following states in the USA: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Virginia and West Virginia. Hybrid optional in NYC. CareerVillage.org has team members worldwide, with our HQ in Palo Alto, CA.
CareerVillage is an equal opportunity organization that celebrates diversity (for more information about our approach, check out our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Guidelines). Diversity includes race, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, size, religion, sexual orientation, parental status, socioeconomic background, and many other parts of an individual’s identity. We are a fair choice employer: qualified applicants with a history of arrest or conviction are welcome to apply and will be considered for this role. Each team member’s perspective is integral to our success, and fostering an inclusive environment is everyone’s responsibility. At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
To apply, please submit your resume and answer the application questions below.