Tech Project Manager Volunteer
Bridges for Enterprise
[Role] Tech Project Manager Volunteer
4-8 hrs/week. Experience Required: Beginner. Looking for at least six month commitment, prefer one year +/- 5 hrs GMT
As a global nonprofit that is managing a large network of entrepreneurs, professionals and students and that is constantly scaling our pro-bono incubation services, we strive to build technology products that facilitate efficient communication and effective resource sharing within and outside our network. We are looking for Project Management volunteers to assist the Global Tech Programme Manager with the Project Management team to monitor and control the project execution of BfE Tech projects, implement best practices, coordinate Program and Portfolio Management and facilitate and improve Strategic Project Management.
You may find out more about Technology at BfE here.
- As Project Manager oversee projects and ensure they are completed on time and within budget. Currently two major projects available, Internet Upgrade Project and Intranet Portal Project
- Liaise with team members and technical managers to support completion of project activities and arranging team meetings
- Provide project status reports on activities, risks and issues
- Help to set standards for project management execution and improve efficiency
- Ensure all team members uphold standards throughout each project’s development, execution and ensure project quality assurance maintained
- Assist in project management status reporting
- Ideation. Examine the existing project management workflow and propose new ideas that can support projects to have a greater impact on BfE Tech
- Bridge the gap between the organisation’s primary stakeholders, customers, and the teams working on the projects
- Enthusiasm and commitment to BfE’s cause
- Ability to be flexible and independent, think on your feet and learn on the job.
- Genuine interest in all aspects of tech project management
- Strong communications skills
- High level of comfort with using new applications in short amount of time
- Care about quality and delivery
- Project management experience or Education of project management courses
- This role is remote and has no geographical restrictions but must be able to work in +/- 5 hrs GMT
- Seeing through the life of project from start to complete
- Exposure to new technology tools and working alongside a diverse range of people
- Gain skills and experience in project management
- Sharpen your skills and knowledge in project management and broaden your experiences while knowing that your contributions will have a direct tangible impact on real-life businesses
- Avoid the monotony of corporate or university life by doing something meaningful and volunteering with your precious free time
- Network with a growing global community of diverse, talented and passionate BfE members across the world
You may apply for this opening via here.