BfE Public Website Development (Astro)
Bridges for Enterprise
[Project] BfE Public Website Development (Astro)
5-8 hrs/week. Suitable for people with some frontend development experience.
Bridges for Enterprise is a global nonprofit that provides pro-bono incubation services to social enterprise startups in the developing world. In BfE Technology, developers, product managers and designers work together to build websites, apps and tools that drive our global operation and market us to the global community that may benefit from our help. You may find out more about Technology at BfE here.
We are currently looking for volunteers to take on a project of migrating our public website from WordPress to a static website. You will be working closely with our Global Technology Volunteers and have the chance to understand our various tech tools as well as how the organisation works. Upon completion, you will have the chance to join other more advanced projects, depending on your performance in the project.
You will first work with the product managers and UI/UX designers on the workflows, figma designs, templates of the new public website. Then, you will work with other developers to structure the codebase and implement the design with Astro.
Once we finalize the content of the website, you are going to put it into the codebase and deploy it, replacing our existing public website.
- High enthusiasm and commitment to BfE’s cause
- Teamwork and responsibility
- Strong interest in Technology and software development
- No geographical restrictions
- As BfE Tech’s project opportunities are usually highly competitive, preferences are given to those who are interested in joining our team for more projects in the long term.
- An opportunity to join the global team in a large global nonprofit and network with people across different technical and non-technical disciplines who share a joint passion in social entrepreneurship and startups
- Make a social impact with your tech skills while further developing them in the business context of an nonprofit incubator
- Opportunity to participate in training and mentorship programs to upskill yourself
You may apply for this opening here. We accept applications on a rolling basis.