Bridges for Enterprise
Commitment: 6-8 hrs/week. Background in front-end design required. 3+ years of experience in UX, Product Design** or User Research
As a global nonprofit that is managing a large network of entrepreneurs, professionals and students and that is constantly scaling our pro-bono incubation services, we strive to build technology products that facilitate efficient communication and effective resource sharing within and outside our network. We are looking for a Lead UI / UX Designer to oversee the front-end design strategy for our BfE website, Members Portal and any external communications materials.
You may also find out more about Technology at BfE here.
Design Styling. Spearhead the creation of tech styling codes that correspond to BfE branding guidelines (in the Brand Book), and liaise with the BfE Technology Division to ensure these are used in future tasks.
Product Interface. Develop and maintain a repository of digital design assets and stylesheets in line with the branding guidelines, and enforce them across our front-end developers.
Communication. Provide ad-hoc support and guidance to chapter communications directors on branding and design standardisation across social media platforms. Provide additional feedback to global heads regarding BfE global and chapter-level branding and design quality and effectiveness, and suggest ways to improve moving forward.
Leadership. Meet with global heads and other global managers to help set the divisional goals and objectives for the forthcoming academic year, including specific ideas to improve BfE’s global brand and product design.
- You are highly organized and have excellent planning skills. Prior UI/social design work and experience working with programmers are desirable but not necessary
- This role is open to graduate students and working professionals. Exceptions can be made for outstanding undergraduates.
- There are no geographical restrictions.
- Prefer at least three years of experience in UI/UX Design
- Experience with CSS tools such as Sass and mainstream front-end frameworks such as React is highly desirable (but not required)
- Passionate in web design, willing to keep up-to-date with the latest industrial trends and apply them to improve BfE’s internal front-end design practice
- Enthusiasm and commitment to BfE’s cause
- Strong leadership and communications skills
- Care about quality and timely delivery
- Flexible and always keen to stay up-to-date with the latest tools and practices relevant to branding and design features
- An opportunity to join the global leadership team in a large global nonprofit and network with people across different disciplines who share a joint passion in social entrepreneurship and startups
- Constant interactions with a growing global community of diverse, talented and passionate BfE members across the world
- Make a social impact with your professional skills while further developing them in the business context of a nonprofit incubator
- Stay updated with the latest front-end development trends with developers from BfE Technology while constantly exploring best practices for branding and marketing with members from our Outreach division
You may apply for this opening via here.