Business Development Associate
We are an ed-tech nonprofit on a mission to build the LinkedIn for Black college women in STEM throughout the U.S. and Black Diaspora. Black Sisters in STEM is a technology platform that will democratise access to career opportunities, accelerate their social capital and serve as the leading talent marketplace for corporations seeking Black female talent. The first of its kind in the world and we won’t rest until everybody knows.
We are seeking a qualified business development specialist to extend our global reach through discovery and exploration of new and untapped partnerships and relationships, while expanding outreach and recruitment initiatives to reach unreached black diaspora communities.
Our ideal candidate is highly skilled at fundraising, donor management and outreaches and will be trusted to dive right in, take the lead, use initiative, and help us exceed our strategic objectives.
Objectives of The Role
- Strategize and plan outreaches as well as recruitment initiatives to increase our community membership and demographic representation
- Managing both our partnerships and relationships and developing new opportunities
- Take a lead role in the development of proposals and presentations to create and nurture business opportunities and partnerships
- Identify trends and customer needs, building a short/medium/long-term sales pipeline in accordance with targets
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of marketing strategies, and delegate tasks that achieve strategic goals
- Motivate the team, track performance, and report metrics
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
What You Will Do
- Proactively identify, develop and maintain relationships with current and potential partners
- Excel at prospecting for new partnerships, negotiating and closing contracts while maintaining a customer-centric approach
- Make connections with key funders in the edtech and social impact fields and secure great outcomes
- Demonstrate product value, create and execute strategies for market expansion in the Black diaspora
- Create focused go-to market expansion campaigns, in partnership with marketing and design team
What You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree in business or management or relevant field
- 2+ years of new business, partnership and fundraising success, achieved in a non profit organisation, preferably
- You are a risk taker and problem solver who can build relationships and leverage them to create winning solutions for our organisation
- Knowledge of the US college-to-work transition landscape is an asset
- Proficiency with data analysis, forecasting, and budgeting
- Proven ability to plan and manage resources
- Educated on business protocols and understand how to leverage technology to assist with strategies and action plans
- Comprehensive understanding of sales strategies combined with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills combined with confidence with cold calling and business development. You don’t get discouraged by “no”
You Will Thrive If ..
- You have experience with any CRM software
- You have proven proposal and grant writing experience
- You are highly organised with a customer target focus
- You are driven to hunt for, and close new partnerships
- You are comfortable with remote-based business model
- You are passionate about the career development of Black college women in STEM