Community and Programs Manager
Our community mission is to build the Linkedin for Black College Women in STEM globally; the place where Black female talents can share, learn and get hired. We believe providing ongoing learning and development opportunities, while creating a safe space for our community members is foundational to our success and our dream of building talents.
We need an experienced Community and Programs manager to join our team. If you are a tech-savvy professional, with a proven ability in strategising and implementing high-level program initiatives, experienced in social media, PR and promotional events, we would like to meet you. Our ideal candidate has exceptional oral and written communication skills and is able to develop engaging content. You should be a ‘people person’ with great customer service skills and the ability to moderate online and offline conversations with our community. Ultimately, you should be able to act as the unifying force and voice of our community mission and manage all community communications.
From day one, the Community and Programs manager will have an immediate impact on our continued growth and success, streamlining strategic initiatives, improving the quality of our internal and external programs, providing relevant content to drive community engagement and introducing systems that optimise our organisational efficiency.
Key Objectives Of This Role
- Plan and execute professional development and community related initiatives according to organisational objectives
- Evaluate programs and make data-driven improvements to current programs, expansion of existing programs, and creation of new ones to increase Black Sisters in STEM's impact and reach
- Review current organisational procedures and design new processes for optimised efficiency and productivity
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
What You Will Do…
- Oversee daily operations through collaboration with CEO and department leaders, performing an array of administrative tasks from managing calendars, generating correspondence, maintaining files, planning and coordinating corporate meetings, and scheduling facilities
- Serve as liaison between staff and CEO, regarding company climate, employee well-being, project updates, proposals, and planning
- Oversee the development and implementation of all programs and ensure that programs are meeting intended outcomes
- Develop and manage a robust community content strategy to drive engagement
- Set and implement social media and communication campaigns to align with marketing strategies
- Design, configure, and continually optimise the community digital experience
- Cultivate a sense of trust, care, well-being, inclusiveness, and belonging in the community
- Develop and implement internal and external community advocate programs to motivate and incentivize top community contributors
- Identify sources of churn in the community and come up with creative ways to reduce churn
- Serve as main point of contact for database requests/improvements across outreach teams, and collaborate with engineers on tooling priorities
- At the end of your first year, success would mean increasing organisational efficiency by 10 % by automating processes and introducing creative solutions to the internal operations, increasing our community engagement
What You Should Have
- Proven community management experience (building, managing and scaling online communities) and or program management experience ( leading teams and projects)
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series and writing an email newsletter)
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics (e.g. repeat attendance at events)
- Exceptional communication, leadership, time management, facilitation, and organisational skills
- Hands on experience with social media management for brands
- Passionate commitment to Black Sisters in STEM’s mission and long-term vision on behalf of African women
- Self-starter; comfortable working with a degree of ambiguity and able to crack on with the job without extensive supervision
- One who sets high standards for themselves and others, and go the extra mile to get things done
- Ability to manage deadlines and work collaboratively in a fast-paced, highly dynamic start-up environment
- BSc degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or relevant field
You Will Thrive If ..
- Strong project reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication
- Outstanding working knowledge of change management principles and performance evaluation processes
- Ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics
- Photoshop and PowerPoint proficiency or experience using other designing applications like Canva, and video production and editing skills.