Asylum Seeker Advocacy Project (ASAP)
The Asylum Seeker Advocacy Project (ASAP) believes that asylum seekers can make great change by standing together. We provide our membership of asylum seekers with legal and community support. And we work with our members — over 500,000 asylum seekers — to build a more welcoming United States. ASAP members come from more than 175 countries and live in every U.S. state and territory.
Asylum seekers travel thousands of miles, often braving dangerous terrain, to bring their families to safety. We recognize their strength and provide them with the tools they need to keep their families safe. We are creative, collaborative, and nonpartisan. And we believe all asylum seekers deserve to find safe haven in the United States.
ASAP is seeking a Junior Engineer to do full-stack product development to assist members and data analysis to support members’ efforts to improve the immigration system. This role will report to ASAP’s Director of Engineering Mark Hansen. Come join us!
- Develop products that directly support ASAP’s asylum-seeking members.
- Work with ASAP staff to build internal products and data tooling that help ASAP’s members navigate the immigration process and achieve their systemic reform priorities.
- Carry out product building end to end. This involves understanding a problem to be solved, working with staff to define a solution, building whatever components are needed across the stack for it to succeed, testing it, and launching it.
- At least 2 years of experience in software development and engineering
- Experience with modern frontend frameworks (Ex: React, Vue, or Svelte)
- Experience with modern backend API frameworks (Ex: Express, Sanic)
- Experience working with non-technical stakeholders or directly with a user base
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Commitment to ASAP’s mission and values
Salary & Benefits
Salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications, with a range of $100,000-$120,000.
ASAP offers an incredible benefits package including:
- 20 paid holidays annually, including two full weeks of paid office closure
- 25 days of paid time-off annually (vacation, personal, and sick time)
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- employer-paid health insurance (100% for employees and 50% for dependents)
- employer-paid dental and vision insurance (100% for employees and dependents)
- 401K retirement plan including employer matching up to 4%
- stipends to recognize costs associated with working from home
Remote in any of the 50 U.S. states and D.C., excluding U.S. territories.
Note: ASAP is a 100% remote organization with no physical office locations. We are currently equipped to employ staff remotely throughout the 50 U.S. states and D.C. Unfortunately, we are not equipped to employ staff from U.S. territories or outside the United States.
How to Apply
ASAP is an equal opportunity employer. ASAP strongly encourages asylum seekers, immigrants, Black people, Indigenous people, and people of color (BIPOC), Latinx people, people with disabilities, LGBTQ people, women, first-generation college students/professionals, and all marginalized individuals to apply, and recognizes the unique and valuable skills that such applicants can bring to this work.