Volunteer Translation Proofreader
- To apply, please submit our online screening form for consideration.
This remote volunteer position is an exciting opportunity to use your language skills for good.
*Note: We are primarily recruiting volunteer translators and volunteer translation proofreaders in Spanish, French, Arabic and Russian. Other languages are welcome. (The source language is always English.) Please specify the language in your application.
- Using Crowdin, a third-party translation system, to translate text from English into a second language (primarily Spanish, French, Arabic, or Russian. Other languages welcome).
- Proofread translations done by other volunteer, contract, or external translators.
- “Accept” or “decline” Crowdin machine-produced and human-created translations. Translations you “accept” will appear on the InReach App.
- Provide helpful feedback to other volunteer translators when needed.
- Collaborate with the InReach translation team via Slack when any translation questions arise.
- You are fluent in written English and a second language.
- You are at least 18 years old.
- You have experience translating between English and a second language.
- You are willing and able to write in gender-inclusive language in both English and a second language (e.g., e/x in Spanish vs. a/o; folx vs. men and women in English).
- You are able to commit 3-5 hours per week to InReach.
- You have a stable Internet connection.
- You are willing and able to learn how to use Crowdin and Slack.
- You are passionate about language justice, migrant justice and LGBTQ+ rights.
- You have 5+ years of written translation experience.
- You have experience using online translation and localization tools.
- You have volunteer or translator management experience.
- You have experience working or volunteering remotely.
- You are able to translate into multiple languages.
- Connect LGBTQ+ people, who do not speak English, facing persecution and discrimination with safe, independently verified resources.
- Gain hands-on experience working with Crowdin, an online localization management tool.
- Connect to other translators and proofreaders.
- Gain practical experience in serving LGBTQ+ communities.