Product manager [volunteer]
Help us reverse the countdown on animal extinction.
Knowing that millions of species are going to disappear in the next decades drives you crazy. You want to do something about it. We are building a global online collaboration project, SIREN, with tech contributors from all over the world who team up with marine biologists to develop tools that scientists, governments and fishermen communities can use to protect endangered marine life.
We are now looking for a product manager volunteer to join our team to drive the roadmap of the SIREN citizen science software platform. After being named “Best in class” by the State of the World’s Sea Turtles (SWOT) magazine, SIREN received a lot of interest from the marine biology community from all over the world. This is an important role as you’ll be leading and defining priorities of the various features that our broad range of users, marine scientists, government officials and VIPs as well as global policy makers, are asking for.
Whether you can volunteer multiple days or a few hours a week, this is an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and experience to help solve complex problems and have a direct and highly visible impact on planet Earth.
You will operate under the supervision of our project executive to drive our software roadmap and product releases.
- Create a pipeline and roadmap of product features based on customer requirements and product strategy.
- Act as a product leader to champion for key requirements with internal contributors, subject matter experts and senior management.
- Create associated user stories and lead scrum meetings.
- Support our communication specialist to communicate new software releases and updates with our audience.
We are asking that you be available for at least 3 months 4 hours a week (Depending on your skills and experience). Longer term commitments are available too.
- 3+ years of experience in product management and proven experience delivering and releasing software products to customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work with multiple internal stakeholders to influence and collaborate at senior levels.
- Ability to work across teams, geographies and deliver to tight timelines.
- Interest in conservation and wildlife.
- Fluency in English.
- Location: Virtual.
How to apply:
- Send us a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume (attached or reference to LinkedIn), the role you are interested in and technical area of interest if any.